It’s always a good idea to consider planting native species of plants in your yard. Lake County Forest Preserve is taking online orders this year for their annual plant sale.
From the website: “For the past 15 years, the Lake County Forest Preserves and Possibility Place Nursery have partnered to host one of the most-visited native plant sales in the Chicago area. In response to the coronavirus, we’re doing things differently this year. Social distancing guidelines will make it difficult to ensure that visitors and staff stay safe this spring with the usual closeness and good conversation this sale typically provides.
So we’re adapting. This spring, you don’t even have to “leaf” home to purchase native plants.
Possibility Place has made the sun-loving, rain garden, and beneficial wildlife host species you are looking for available online. The best part? We’ll ship them right to your doorstep. Yes, you can order plants in your sweatpants.
Some key details for easy online shopping:
- Sales are open until July 1, 2020
- Species available while supplies last
- Minimum purchase of 18 plants required for efficient delivery
- One-gallon plants available for shipment today
- Perennial plants (i.e., pints) will ship beginning May 15
- Size lists are independent and may offer different species
- We will notify you when your order ships
- Tree and shrub inventory will be low until late June, as they grow to shipping quality
- Plants on this part of the website are for online orders only
- Use the links below to access gallon or pint species. These tabs will label each shopper as a Forest Preserve visitor
To find out more visit the website here.”